Living in Sydney’s northern beaches, Fiona is a successful freelance editor and writer specialising in nature and travel. Her skills include writing, editing, creating content, concept development, commissioning, photography, picture research and project management for magazines, books and websites.
Fiona has produced many high-quality, complex illustrated publications and her work has received awards. Her lively, entertaining travel articles have appeared in The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Australian Way (Qantas’ inflight magazine) and she has written and edited content for websites. She has edited and project managed a variety of publications for international book packagers, private organisations, travel publications and government organisations.
She confesses an inordinate fondness for volcanoes. Active ones.
- writing, rewriting and proofreading
- publications project management
- writing and editing website content
- inhouse senior editor/managing editor
- concept and content development
- structural and copy editing
- copyfitting in Indesign
- travel reviews
- commissioning authors
- picture research and editing
- spread-by-spread and complex layouts
- content development for film
- treatments for documentaries
- television / film location research